PerforMate Real-Time Machine Monitoring Adds Value to Current Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES)
Many manufacturers rely on customized MES systems to help manage and monitor equipment up and down their production lines. These systems are utilized to create and schedule work orders, identify issues causing downtime along the line, and track the overall equipment effectiveness (OEE) during production runs. Some MES systems also include recipe management, digital quality inspection plans (DQIP), digital work instructions, and more.
Regardless of the features manufacturers program into their MES to help improve their operations, each system requires a lot of time and resources to maintain and are limited as to what they can understand about OEM equipment. This is where adding PerforMate, from Coesia, can add value to R.A Jones equipment to improve the speed at which machine issues are identified and addressed.
Coesia PerforMate is our integrated IIoT platform for real-time remote machine monitoring. Working as a unique portal to a world of innovative services, it allows improved control, enhanced collaboration, and performance boost of your entire Coesia machine pool. It ensures easy access to digital services and remote support, for continuous improvement.
When integrating PerforMate enabled machinery (regardless of whether or not an MES system is already in place), manufacturers can expect to experience the following:
- Quickly address identified issues causing downtime or inefficiencies. A typical MES system might identify there was a problem somewhere on the machine, but it doesn’t have the ability to show your operator how to fix it. PerforMate not only identifies the issues occurring on R.A Jones equipment, but also provides troubleshooting steps and tips to help your operator stop them from occurring again in the future. This includes written instructions as well as video tutorials. This added feature helps educate your operators in real-time and lessens downtime.
- Accessing data for PerforMate enabled machines can be done remotely from any internet enabled device. Many MES platforms are not easily accessible from anywhere but the facility where the line is located. PerforMate allows approved users with the proper credentials to log into the platform from any handheld device or desktop connected to the internet. You can see how the equipment is performing in real-time from anywhere around the world.
- Coesia resources provide upgrades and support for PerforMate. Over time, MES can become very complex systems and manufacturers must continue to invest in them. PerforMate is supported by Coesia and provides the support needed for customers to achieve optimal performance on R.A Jones equipment. Implementing PerforMate can be completed within a matter of a few days, rather than weeks or months with typical MES systems.
Depending on what version of PerforMate manufacturers prefer to utilize (Base or Advanced), here is a list of the features available to select from:
- Customized dashboard
- Production line view of OEE, quality, downtime, etc.
- OEE historical tracking
- Servo motor torque monitoring
- Email support
- Machine documentation
- Machine events/alarms with troubleshooting assistance
- Loss tree for identifying primary downtime causes
PerforMate is part of an innovative suite of digital tools Coesia developed to help operators of our equipment do their job better and more effortlessly each and every day. If you would like to learn more about PerforMate or other digital tools available for R.A Jones equipment, please complete and submit the form below.